« Home | A Box of Books » | First Camera Of The Blog » | The First Treasure » | Looking for treasures... »

Camera 2

So, like I said in the last post, I've got a few more new cameras I found for a steal! In this post I'll talk about the first one. While I was visiting some friends in the Dayton area, we decided to hit up a few garage sales and yard sales. I never thought I'd find a deal like this at a garage sale! Sitting on a table was this brown leather bag, it looked like an older camera bag, so I picked it up to check it out. When I picked the bag up it was heavy, so I figured that they must have been using it to hold something, but I never imagined it would contain a camera since the price tag on the top was only $5.00! But when I unzipped the bag, there was an old Canon Pellix SLR camera with tons of accessories. Without looking through the bag, I paid the nice people the five bucks and headed to the car with my prize. Once I got home I pulled it all out to see what this brown leather treasure box contained. Here's what I found inside:


1) Leather Camera Bag "The Kamera Bag" Brand

-Zippered enclosure, from clasp closing pocket, and a shoulder strap


2) Leather Canon Camera Body and 50mm Lens Case


3) Canon Pellix SLR Camera

- The Pellix was first marketed in 1965. It was Canon's first 35mm Focal-Plane Shutter SLR Camera with TTL metering. It was also the first commercial production SLR that was incorporated with a fixed Pellicle mirror. It employed with a super-thin, a semi-transparent film only 20/1000 mm thick was used as a fixed mirror.


4) Canon Lens FL 50mm 1:1.4

- Tiffen 58mm haze filter

- Canon Lens Cap (Metal)

- Canon Camera Strap


5) Spiratone Pluracoat Zoom/Macro 1:3.8 f=35-105mm

- Promaster Spectrum 7 67mm UV Filter

- Promaster Lens Cap (Plastic)


6) Vivitar 151 Flash

- External Power Cord

- Leather Vivitar Case


It also had a few other random things in the bag. An old Kodak Measuring Cup for developing your own photos. I have a feeling from the looks of the glass that it is much older then the camera. There was also a new Kalimar photo squeegee, some photo tongs, and a photo roller. So for five bucks I don't think I did too bad for myself! Stay tuned to hear about another awesome camera find from right here in Columbus off of Craigslist! Until next time...HAPPY TREASURE HUNTING!

Labels: , ,

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar | Hurricane Center