« Home | Camera 2 » | A Box of Books » | First Camera Of The Blog » | The First Treasure » | Looking for treasures... »

I Found Another Camera

I frequently browse the postings on Columbus' Craigslist page, and other cities pages from around the state. I usually check out the computer, electronic, free, and photography sections. Most of them time there's either nothing I want, things that are too expensive, or just plain old junk. Well, this particular day happened to be my lucky day I guess...

There was a posting for a Minolta SLR camera for $10.00. I called the number, and the gentleman explained to me that his girlfriends sister was into photography and had given them her old camera. She claimed it had a light leak and wasn't worth keeping. I asked him if the camera was broken, and he said that it wasn't and that he had been using it to shoot some film himself. He said it was a camera, two lenses, a flash, and a bag. I of course jumped on this deal. When I picked it up and brought it home, this is what I found!

The first thing it had was the bag. It was a fairly nice blue and gray "Stars and Stripes" brand camera bag with a shoulder strap. The camera was a Minolta XG-1 with the MD Rokkor-X 45mm 1:2 standard lens. From everything I've read, this is a fairly good lens for the price. The lens also had a Mitakon lens cap. It had a second lens with it, this was a Vivatar Series 1 Macro Focusing 28-90mm 1:2.8-3.5 lens. The lens seems to work very nicely. It also came with a nice Vivatar Electronic Flash 2000. This flash is wonderful. It's not the best, but it is a flash I plan on using with quite a few of my other cameras. I really like it.

So, not too bad of a find for $10.00. Since then I've found a few more neat things to add to this blog. So stay tuned, and until next time...HAPPY TREASURE HUNTING!

Labels: ,

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar | Hurricane Center